Let's make our economies beautiful again
Explore the philosophy and practice of barefoot economics
With the Human Scale Development framework developed by ‘barefoot economist’ Manfred Max-Neef as our starting point, our courses explore how we can we create the conditions to meet our fundamental needs while restoring the life giving capacities of the Earth.
Each of us is gifted with many, often unexplored, skills and talents
We all share the same fundamental human needs
In order for humans to thrive in harmony with each other and the Earth we need systems that allow our skills and talents to flourish in service of real needs
- Frameworks that integrate social psychology, ecology and economics
- How our current economic story gets in the way of effective action
- The social and ecological benefits of economic re-localisation
- The impact of different money systems and how to ‘change the exchange’
- The importance of the ‘invisible economy’
Together we build a map of the economy that acknowledges the complexity of our needs and sets out a pathway towards a world that is fair, compassionate and regenerative.
Ready to build a barefoot economy?
Find out about our bespoke workshops and training events